Camera Hacker

: :

Add Comment | Related Links | TrackBack
Related Content

Minolta MD lens to Canon EOS body adapter

I'm looking for an adapter, which will mount a Minolta MD lens to a Canon EOS body. Can anyone give me a referral?

I can't seem to find one on Adorama's site (which has a variety of XX to EOS adapters). Google search doesn't turn up anything (yet).

B Yen
Mon Dec 27 03:04:02 PST 2004

Minolta MD adapter to Canon EOS body probably doesn't exist. The Minolta MD mount has a small register (43.50) than the Canon EOS mount (44.00), therefore, a basic adapter would not allow the MD lens to focus to infinity and restrict the lens for macro pictures. Unless . . . a lens element is introduced, which requires some optic engineering.

Chieh Cheng
Mon Dec 27 07:59:38 PST 2004

Grind the MD lens half a millimeter where it "sits" on the camera mount. Trim the MD mount. From there fit another mount that can be taken by the EOS. Not simple on an auto lens but can be done. You may have to cut some of the extruding lever.

Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:41:01 -0800

Where would you buy EOS mounts to substitute to the MD mount? I got 4-5 lens that I'd like to convert.

Tue, 30 May 2006 08:13:08 -0700

I saw this hack.

It involves grinding the spacer on the lens and taking out the MD mount and putting on the EOS mount (from a m42->EOS adapter).

Looks like something that could be spec'd out and given to a machine shop to do properly (and less like a hack).

Minolta Rokkor-X PG 58mm 1.2 MC - Lens Hack to EOS

Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:08:59 -0800

Yes, there's one at ROXSEN.COM and works great costs about
$83.00 and can focus to infinity too!

Alberto Travieso
Mon, 06 Aug 2007 17:59:13 +0000

This is the converter at ROXSEN. COM, Cost is about $83.00

Attached Image:

ROXSEN Item.jpg

Alberto Travieso
Mon, 06 Aug 2007 18:06:06 +0000

Where did you find the adapter listed? I saw it no where.

Attached Image:

ROXSEN Item.jpg

Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:44:11 +0000

Hi Guys

I was unable to finf the site of ROXSEM. Please advise on site URL as I have 3 lenses from my oldish? Minolta I would like to use on my new 400D Canon. Many thanks Derek

Derek van Niekerk
Tue, 02 Oct 2007 09:27:05 +0000

I don't think there is a ROXSEM site for photography although I did find a Japanese site under construction.

I did find ROXSEM products on Ebay though and they have Minolta MD/MC to Canon adapters.

Super T
Fri, 04 Jan 2008 16:00:16 +0000

i found it here, . . .

Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:39:22 +0000

Go to eBay and search for the adapter you want. I have purchased both a plain adapter (no glass) and one with glass. They are fairly cheap. The one with glass produces somewhat soft pictures on my Canon 40D, but they're okay. The one without glass is for macro use only in that you cannot focus to infinity. This really works well but I would recommend a macro tripod mount in that you can get really close and the depth of field is very, very small. A small shake of the camera and you got fuzzy macros.

Fri, 13 Feb 2009 02:12:41 +0000

Great links there. I have a Canon EOS 350D and a Minolta AF 80-200 zoom lens. Before I buy this adapter mentioned can somebody assure me that it will work because I have read that it is impossible to get adapters for minolta and canon. Thanks.

Wed, 01 Jul 2009 02:50:33 +0000

I found this one, but have no idea if it's any good or not: . . .

If somebody wants to try it, let us know how it works!

Louise Miles
Tue, 29 Dec 2009 20:05:50 +0000

Add Comment | Related Links | TrackBack
Related Content

Did your message disappear? Read the Forums FAQ.

Related Links

Add Comment

Spam Control | * indicates required field
Your Name: *
Remember Me!
Comment: *
File attachment is optional. Please do not attach a file to your submission unless it is relevent.
Attach File:
(20 MB Max)
Spam Protection: * Answer of 2 + 2?
Click button only once, please!


TrackBack only accepted from WebSite-X Suite web sites. Do not submit TrackBacks from other sites.

Send Ping | TrackBack URL | Spam Control

No TrackBacks yet. TrackBack can be used to link this thread to your weblog, or link your weblog to this thread. In addition, TrackBack can be used as a form of remote commenting. Rather than posting the comment directly on this thread, you can posts it on your own weblog. Then have your weblog sends a TrackBack ping to the TrackBack URL, so that your post would show up here.

Messages, files, and images copyright by respective owners.