Camera Hacker


Add Comment | Related Links | TrackBack
Related Content

Digital Camera Video Cable Pin-Out

Congratulations on your nice site. I need a replacement video cable for my Olympus D-510z digicam. Do you know if it's a somewhat standard cable that can be purchased at BestBuy, etc.? If not, can you recommend a source for this cable? Thanks a lot for your help,

Jorge E. Alvarez
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:00:52 -0500

I have a Hewlett Packard PhotoSmart digital camera. I recently moved and during that move I lost the cable connecting the camera to my computer. The model number is C5340A. Can I still get a replacement for it or no.

lee kitchen
Thu Aug 8 16:49:10 PDT 2002

Pins are called: on the mini (3.5mm plug): Tip/Point and Base on the RCA/Phono plug: Tip/Point and Shield/Ground/Body Note: naming varies by manufacturer, Tip is most used, RCA/Phono plug is usually Body because the Shield applies to the cable [I've seen some RCA cables that are speaker-type cable (2 wires, no shield)] and Ground applies to application (most RCA/Phono plug applications use it as ground, but you could invent a use where it isn't the ground).

Sun Sep 15 20:04:27 PDT 2002

You can also use a standard cable with a 3.5 mm stero plug in one end, and two phono plugs in the other end (like the one you use to connect the speaker/line-out of a sound card to an external amplifier). Use the black phono plug for the video signal.

Johan Sch´┐Żn
Wed Feb 26 15:54:36 PST 2003

"The tip of the mini-plug is wired to the center of the RCA plug. The body of the mini-plug is wired to the shield of the RCA plug. Maybe these are not the correct terminology. Please let me know the right words for these parts of the plug. Thanks."

The correct terminology is "Tip" and "Ring".

Tom Luttrell
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:10:22 +1000

Can somebody help with the pinout for kodak digital camera video out cable?
(dx3600, dx4320 or other)

Janis form Latvia
Wed Apr 14 06:37:28 PDT 2004

If you need a replacement in a hurry, a quick 3.5mm male to 1/8" female adapter and a regular 1/8" miniplug to RCA cable should do the trick as well. On a stereo adapter cable, the signal should be on the left channel (black or white) connector.

W. Price
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:50:38 -0800

In reference to the Kodak video cable.

In order to determine the wiring, use a continuity meter. If you do not know how to use one, buy one at Radio Shack and their staff should be able to show you in just minutes how to use it. It beeps when you have a completed circuit.

D Whitley
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 21:01:20 -0800

anyone knows if this work with the Nikon D70?

S°ren MJ
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:35:43 -0800

<< Back to Article

Add Comment | Related Links | TrackBack
Related Content

Did your message disappear? Read the Forums FAQ.

Add Comment

Spam Control | * indicates required field
Your Name: *
Remember Me!
Comment: *
File attachment is optional. Please do not attach a file to your submission unless it is relevent.
Attach File:
(20 MB Max)
Spam Protection: * Answer of 1 + 4?
Click button only once, please!


TrackBack only accepted from WebSite-X Suite web sites. Do not submit TrackBacks from other sites.

Send Ping | TrackBack URL | Spam Control

No TrackBacks yet. TrackBack can be used to link this thread to your weblog, or link your weblog to this thread. In addition, TrackBack can be used as a form of remote commenting. Rather than posting the comment directly on this thread, you can posts it on your own weblog. Then have your weblog sends a TrackBack ping to the TrackBack URL, so that your post would show up here.

Messages, files, and images copyright by respective owners.